Tuesday, July 22, 2008

{Days of Winter: No.1}

Our Little Drummer Boy, practising for the ward talent night. Entitled "Blockhouse Bay's Got Talent".

Eden was actually the one most excited about it and asked if she could do a performance. So Papa decided it would be a Cook Island one and out came the drums and this little guys serious face.

He is loving having his Aitutaki Drum sticks, and even tries to mumble the chants. I wish I had as much enthusiam for creating music as he does. This is Nigels stress release, after work he comes home, gets out his sticks and drums. (Mostly on the bed or blanket box)
**********************************
Rain & The Cemetery Part II
Today I had the blessing of going visiting teaching without any children. Now that Nigel is doing postgrad studies and is home for the most part. It was wonderful to sit and talk and drink a nice hot chocolate. Especially on a day like this, Rain and Gray skies, instead of flying in and out with the kids. The weather also got me thinking about my commitment to go and clean my Great-Grandparents graves. This is something I really want to get on too. Must write that in Nigels to do list. I'm really enjoying him being at home more - being able to accomplish things together as a family.
The second home we visited found us telling family history stories. It got me excited again, knowing that I will be able to go to the Family History Library during the daytime . I can't wait to become a sleuth again!

No comments: